How customers are
using Epac 3000 to improve their Performance
"My observation is that you don't know what you've got until
you can measure it accurately and reliable. We now have complete
roll data from dirty to finish with crown, taper, temperature
and diameter in a database with six sort and search fields."
Epac 3000 customer
Capitalizing on the technological advancements that make the
Epac 3000 lighter, and more compact:
- To extend the campaign life of their rolls.
- To change rolls based on wear rather than tonnage.
- To compare roll manufacturers: good characteristics
- To analyze wear characteristics by mill stand, by
time or linear exposure, by stand position, and by roll
- Profile issues on rolls are now much easier to
diagnose because of the compact size and ease of handling.
Utilizing the temperature measurement aspects:
- To assure that all points along the roll barrel are
within/not within grinding temperature specs... and, as
their quality assurance program dictates, they will have a
permanent record of the thermal profile.
- This record can be useful in the event that
particular roll has a problem. They may want to go back and
verify that the roll was at the right temperature prior to
grinding. The Epac 3000 allows them to do that, with data
automatically stored in its computer and, if they wish,
transmitted to another database as well.
- Troubleshooting. They are getting temperature data
much faster after a roll change. If they want the rolls'
thermal profile immediately, they can get it while the rolls
are in front of the mill, and without separating the rolls.
- Epac 3000 is helping them immediately determine if
there are roll cooling problems.
- The Epac 3000 documents more measurements at once
than any single mobile source. Epac users report that their
measurements are now more accurate, quicker, easier, and
without human deviation or error. The hard copy of all data
proves the job was done right, in a timely manner.