Skate Setup Screen
Click on the image for a more detailed shot
Display Data Screen
System Management Screen
System Configuration Screen
The Series 3000 software is loaded on a PXI series Touch
system Active computer with an Intel Celeron 500 MHz processor
and a 2 GB hard drive.
Using these units is easy with the Series 3000 NewMic vii
software doing all of the work. All the operator has to do is
tap the computer prepare icon, skate the roll, tap the
download icon and view the display. The data can then be
saved to the database or printed into a hard copy. The software
allows total control of skate information and is designed to be
totally user friendly, allowing virtually any employee to manage
skate information easily.
Skate Setup Screen:
- Roll Status: Designate between "Clean" or
- Data Fields: 4 fields for roll/skate
- Unit Indicator: English or Metric
- Mic Range: 36"-64" or 14"-38" roll
- Roll Size Button: Designates the roll
- Prepare Mic: Prepares skate unit for
- Read Skate: Reads data from skate unit.
- Setup Controls: Customize graphic display for
Temperature, Tolerance Bands, Radius, Scale, and Target
Display Data Screen:
- Includes graphic displays for roll
radius, profile, temperature, and tolerance bands.
- Includes options to print data, save
data, or export data.
- Includes in-depth skate information such
as crown, crown position, crown type, roll status, length of
skate, taper direction, and taper.
- Displays a list of all saved skates.
- Files can be sorted in six categories:
time stamp, roll number, operator, roll status, user, or
another customizable data field.
- Saved skates can be viewed in spreadsheet
format or individually loaded to the Display Data Screen for
a graphical display.
System Management Screen:
- Password protection for management only
- Contains system configuration and
Calibration and Configuration Screens:
- Allows management to set: units preference, warm-up
time, crown tolerance, crown factor, display mode, and Digit
- Calibration can be done in shop by simple + or -